Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current ride is a Kaw Z750-S- Seems a little buzzy to me- and seems like the motor just isn't real happy unless its on its way to 10K rpm and a 100 mph quickly- Would the Bandit be a little more 45-60 mph friendly? I think they both put about 100 ponies to the rear, but would the greater torque of the Bandit give the machine a little more relaxed feeling around town and at highway speeds as well?

Thanks for any thoughts- I've never ridden a bike with more torque/hp than the Z750 (i.e. no cruiser experience).

-Matt

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
That's such a subjective issue it's almost impossible to answer, really about the only thing you can do is see if you can get a ride on a Bandit and see for yourself. I'd say a very tentitive yes.. the Bandit would be smoother owing to the large engine and different torque curve but really, no one can answer that for you.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
You could try running in a lower gear at lower speeds.

A Bandit is going to weigh a lot more than your Z750. So snarli is right. Try to get a ride on one. You could try a 1200 Bandit. They are easier to find. A 1250 is more of the same. A bit smoother. More power and torque. But the old air-cooled one will give you an idea of the difference.

BTW, you'll have a hard time finding a cruiser with more seat-of-the-pants hp/torque than the Z750. It will literally shred virtually any cruiser except maybe a Rocket3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.