Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
got a close out stainless full system muzzy for my 04 zed for 425 bucks shipped. from muzzy direct. what a deal. 2 hp and 25 lbs saved.
Wow! 2 whole horsepower! That's only $212.50 per Horse! You DO realize that 2hp is within the Margin of Error on a 90hp moto, right?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I WAS MAKING FUN OF THE 2 HP
i new full well putting a exhaust system is more for style and sound.
some pipes HURT HP.:eek:
So was I. ;)

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Don't you have an aftermarket exhaust on yours. Yoshimura I believe.
He's got slip-on cans, not a full exhaust.

Considerably cheaper.

The "AirHawk" has a Muzzy slip-on system (can and Y-pipe) that was on the bike when I bought it, and the airbox has been modified and the carbs re-jetted.

When I got the bike back in the '90s, it was loud as F*ck. No, I mean F*cking LOUD AS F*CK!!!!

A bit of work with ceramic-wool and some stainless bits and pieces quieted it down about 20db - depending on how hard I nail it, I catch 89-92db @ 25' with the meter perpendicular to the bike.

Damn-near 88db-driveby "legal".

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Sooo 400.00 dollars without losing any weight, classifies as pretty much the same thing I would think.
I don't know how much it cost - the PO bought it and put it on the bike. IT weighs 4lbs; the stock muffler alone (on a HawkGT) weighs 28lbs........

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
You all have great points, if Iv ever been accused of preaching it's about skill and how you never ever stop learning, ever. Progression especially on the track. So in a sence I do agree with not enhancing the beast until you can tame it 100%.
I can agree with that, without reservation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.