Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
i loved my 2002 ZRX, i sold it and bought a cruiser cuzz i thought i was over sport bikes. i wanted another one. never found one at a good price. they are popular with the older croud. one day i saw a 04 kawa Z 1000 and i fell in love again. seems the ZED is not as popular. honest i like the 03-06 gen z 1000 better than the ZRX. the ZRX feels heavy,it does not flick around like the 470 LB z 1000. that sporty looking seat on the ZED is more comfy than the stock or corbin seat i had on the ZRX. i do not like the looks of the 07-09 and it makes less power than the 03-06 ZED. would i like to own another ZRX a big YES.

·
Registered
47 Posts
got a close out stainless full system muzzy for my 04 zed for 425 bucks shipped. from muzzy direct. what a deal. 2 hp and 25 lbs saved.

·
Registered
47 Posts
after installing the MUZZY full system on my bone stock 04 Z 1000 my gas millage went from 43-46 AVG to 38-41 AVG. the fueling like before is real good. i do not feel i am doing my bike harm. it will go on the dyno and a A/F test in a month or so. the exhaust does not smell rich and i never see black soot.

·
Registered
47 Posts
no PC. no down load , nothing. i am sure the A/F is not perfect. on another web site a guy did a full system and a air box mod and the dyno tech told him his A/F was so close he doubted a PC would be worth it.
slightly rich down low and a slight lean cond at peak power. but within a safty amount. like i said i am going on the dyno for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts