Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kawasaki seems to be in sort of an awkward phase for their latest bikes. Maybe they're going for an "in your face" approach with current designs, but they lack some of the stylistic refinement of the other manufacturers IMHO. Still, hardly noticeable in lieu of the variety being thrown at us lately. For a preproduction computer sketch I give it a 7.5

·
Registered
68 Posts
read carefully MOrons :)

caption: "A computer generated image of what the new ZX-10R is expected to look like"

I will admit, MCN has been pretty close w/ a lot of their sketches and expectations, but others... hmm... not very close at all.

Those aren't official ZX-10 shots, only EXPECATIONS....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Oragami ZX 10

At this point, I now own two Kawasaki's. Over my motorcycle career, I have owned another four. So I don't have any disrespect for Kawasaki. I like 'em very much in fact. But I don't like the lines of this bike at all.

A previous post compared the (potential) ZX 10 to the new 999 Duc and the Futura. I will also include KTM's V-twin. I don't like the current design trend very much. The hard edge look reminds me of Chrysler K cars from the 80's. Ick. Check out the current automotive trend and you will see things going in pretty much the opposite direction these bikes are taking.

So is my money. I'll just get the R1.

·
Registered
720 Posts
MR. ALLCAPS WEIGHS IN

KAWASAKIS TOTALLY SUCK BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT FAST ENOUGH. WHEN I HAD A BODY AND I WASN'T A DISEMBODIED BRAIN FLOATING IN A TANK OF NUTRIENT FLUID AT THE MAYO CLINIC I HAD A GSXR1000 FOR LIKE TWO WEEKS BEFORE I HIT THAT GRAVEL TRUCK. ANYWAY I KNEW I HAD TO HAVE A GSXR1000 BECAUSE MY COUSIN HAD A GSXR1000 AND HIS FREINF RAUL HAD ONE TOO AND IF I HAD SHOWED UP ON A BIKE THAT WASN'T AS COOL AS THEIRS THEY WOULD HAVE LAFFED AT ME AND PROBABLY WOULDN'T HAVE TALKED TO ME WHEN WE WENT ON RIDES DOWNTOWN WITH OUR FLIP-FLOPS AND TANKTOPS AND WEARING OUR HELMETS PERCHED HALFWAY ON OUR HEADS SO THE GIRLS COULD SEE OUR FACES AND STUFF.

NOBODY I KNEW HAD KAWIS BECAUSE THE KAWI ZX-9'S ARE TOTALLY OLD SCHOOL LIKE 1998 AND EVERYTHING SUCKED BACK THEN. THERE WAS NO HAYABUSA ND YOU COULD ONLY GO 186 MPH TOPS.

ANYWAY I FEEL PRETTY TIRED BECAUSE THE CLEANING LADY WAS IN HERE AND ACCIDENTALY SPILLED A HALF BOTTLE OF "MR. CLEAN" INTO MY TANK. I SURE WISH THEY WOULD BE MORE CAREFUL AROUND HERE! MY TANK IS IN THE EMPLOYEE BREAKROOM AND SOMETIMES PEOPLE BUMP INTO IT OR SPILL HOT COFFEE AND ONE TIME THIS GUY PUT OUT HIS CIGAR ON MY TEMPORAL LOBE SO I'M NOT TOO SURE WHAT TIME IT IS.

ANYWAY, THE MR. CLEAN IS KICKING IN AND THAT MEANS I START SPEAKING IN GIBBERIFLOKIRABLIM FGRAKIGHABJOK SPIBBLE FLEAMGLOIK HOTIRMFIN.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Re: Oragami ZX 10

Have to agree with you on the hard edge thing. I like the smoother edge designs. Of the latest 600s I prefer the Honda and Yamaha over the ZX-6R. The R1 is elegant to me. Good choice.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Re: Oragami ZX 10

Is it possible to get a smoother edged bike than the ZX-6R (okay a ZZR-11 might be)?

Honda looks like they threw some bits in a box and that's what they came out with. Get all the sh1t off it and poke on the race gear and they look mighty fine though.

For what it's worth, with a less heavy looking 6R like tail unit, that thing would look sweet.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
The mysterious ZX10 surfaces again. More lives than the Loch Ness Monster it has. This bike was supposed to debut in 2001, no 2002, no 2004. I think I'll just wait until Kawasaki comes out with the pictures.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
I'm a little tired of sketches and computer images myself. It's not just the ZX-10. It seems like everytime someone wants a little press coverage, you just release an image of a motorcycle.

I certainly hope this isn't what it will look like. Other than Yamaha, the Japanese have created another level of UJMs with every one of them looking identical.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
There's still not a phantom bike out there that has been predicted anywhere near as many times as the "New V-max" though. I wish that that one would just go away (unless I'm wrong and it actually exists).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Re: MR. ALLCAPS WEIGHS IN

Don't worry, Gabe. Darwinism will soon kick in just like the Mr. Clean, and you'll be in a much better, calmer place.

And it's okay, you don't have to shout...

Peace.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
They replaced the inspection cover gasket which wasn't the problem. Now they think it's the inner primary. I told them when I took it in the first time that the oil was over-filled during setup but no one listens to a yuppie like me.

Trust me, the dealer won't get any of my regular service business. I have a trusted friend/neighbor/wrench who has his own shop. He worked on my Low Rider for five years without screwing it up.

I know I should be doing my own work but since I'm short on time/tools/skill I'd rather pay him. He gives me the bro's deal anyway so it doesn't cost that much to get it done right.

So how much damage could be done with an over-filled crankcase during breakin?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I will NOT relax either!

You gotta know that all the makers put these trial balloons out there to see if they float or flop. A lack of critique means acceptance.

SO UNDERSTAND THIS, I am not uptight over the inbred ugly a$$ ZX10!

But if this is what it will look like, I won't buy one either. Hey, I admit I am shallow. While beauty is only skin deep, ugly goes to the bone.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.