Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Not sure what you mean here. If the engine oil was overfilled, I think it would puke out the filler pipe and get that side oily, unless it traveled across when parked, but that is easy to spot. Doubtful it would do any damage other than make a big mess. That would be on the right side of the bike. If the primary was overfilled, it MAY leak out the inspection cover or primary gasket, but not likely. Another heads up which may be the cause. If the trans was overfilled it will puke out the breather tube that is curled next to the inner primary. The only way to see the tube is to look from the right side and you can see where the breather comes out of the trans, and they stuff the tube in a little curl along the inner primary. If the inner primary looks wet around this tube you may have found the problem, as the trans oil can run down and simulate a primary leak. Overfilling the trans is not a problem, as the excess ends up leaking down the inner primary. Best bet is wipe it all clean and ride a few miles and try to catch the leak before it travels. I'm sure I could find it fast if I could see your bike.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I certainly don't wish it away. I can think of no bike that's as fun as a V-Max when flogged hard over a winding road. Well maybe "entertaining" is a better word than "fun" but you get the picture. WHOOO HOOOOO!!!! IS THE TIRE SPINNING!.. nope it's just the frame flexing. 70MPH freeway burnout/wheelies are a healthy part of this daily diet.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Well then you'll just have to ride to San Diego to take a look. Just dont' do it today. We're doing our best Seattle impersonation right now with the non-stop rain. It's pretty funny here when it rains. It actually leads the local news. The TV stations have a reporter do a live shot commenting on how "water is falling from the sky!" WOW!

I'll let the dealer find the leak for me. I've got about 100 more miles to hit 500 and then I can pop on the aircleaner, slip ons and remap.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey I love this thing! I want 3 of them now! After a long wait I think it will be worth it. Kawasaki seems adament about rekindling their Rebel ways which is why I love this company sooo so much! :) they are like a praying mantis.....they wait.... wait..... then POUNCE !!!!(in pure green) I'm sure this thing will kick ass to the point of no return!!!!!!! I've already pre ordered my Ackropovic,Power Commander, Marvics, etc!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Something Unrelated

Umm, I kinda like it, but until I see photos, I don't care that much.

What I DID see, however, is the new CB1300 from Honda, which looks like it will be a Japan-only (or at least non-U.S.) model. What a shame, I really like it.

http://world.honda.com/news/2003/2030130.html

Honda Motorcycle Japan also has more pics, and you can practice your Japanese. (There's still enough english that you can get around.)

http://www.honda.co.jp/CB1300SF/

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just wish these companies would produce these damn bikes! Right now this is like getting a drink that's all foam and no beer.

Also when will the Japanese learn that it's the US that has the money to burn and not europe. I have my 0% for a year charge card warmed up in the bull pen.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just wish these companies would produce these damn bikes! Right now this is like getting a drink that's all foam and no beer.

Also when will the Japanese learn that it's the US that has the money to burn and not europe. I have my 0% for a year charge card warmed up in the bull pen.

·
Registered
211 Posts
What's up with the rear wheel?

It looks like it's about 16" or smaller in diameter!?

Is this the beginning of a horrible, new "dirt-bike-type" front to rear sizing trend?

In the '80's we had 16" fronts and 18" rears, and while it had its supporters and detractors, it at least looked o.k.

But if we start seeing big front hoops and little back hoops (like that 'zooky thing w/the mongo fairing), then may the moto-gods help us all...

Yes, I realize that current trends in MotoGP are to smaller rears, but they're only like 16.5's... the difference isn't that strident. Much smaller than that, and I think it'll look funny...

I guess time will tell.

-James

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.