Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test rode an XX and owned a ZX14. No contest, IMO: ZX14 w/o doubt. Great bike. Way more power. Ultra smooth. Comfy. Slick tranny. Great brakes. I love the looks (In black.). And, did I mention, awesome power. Great stuff!

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Probably what you should do is buy the ZX14 and let me ride it around for a four seasons evaluation. I'll use my extensive 40 years-over 500,000 miles of experiance and evaluate the bike in a number of different riding conditions including commuting, Mountain Pass blasting and some desert riding and let you know what I think.

There will of course be a small fee..........

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've ridden both a ZX-14 and an 1100xx. Frankly, the first thing I thought of on the 14 was that it felt very much like a Blackbird with 50 more horsepower. The motor is unbelievably smooth, and the handling is similar. They're both large bikes, with both wheelbase and suspension calibration optimized for sweepers rather than the really tight stuff.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a ZX-14, but have not ridden a CBR1100xx to compare to. But, you could check out zx14.net... a bunch of guys on that forum used to own the CBR1100xx and could give you good feedback. Plus, they're all down to earth and would be quick to respond. From what I've read from them, they would most likely try to pursuade you to go with the ZX-14!

·
Registered
328 Posts
You have a seven year old Blackbird with 35k miles, meaning you've averaged 5k per year on it. Yet, the dealers won't allow test rides? Are you by chance unlicensed?

Otherwise, any chance of making it to a demo fleet?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Rode both, owned a Blackbird. Honda Blackbird is still the smoothest in-line 4 ever made!! Now the new Bandit 1250 is the first bike that I have rode that is as smooth, and will run with either bike from 0-100, just of course from then on, the Dos Equis and ZX say bye bye. Couldn't go wrong on the ZX-14, but don't forget Suzuki has a all new Busa being introduced to dealers on June 27th, expected to be smoother, faster, lighter, more tricks, and to be available to purchased by this fall! Check the Suzuki site on June 28th, for all the details. Ciao.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
LOL but I am working on it see kpaul trip report for details.. hooked up with some crusty yet friendly BMW riders lots of fun ..I want the new Concours now. with GPS, mounted radar detector and laser jammer... I don't think you could go run with a ZX-14

At this rate it will take kpaul 1000 years to catch up with sarnali... if he quit riding now.. He's a monster... I know how difficult his commute is...

·
Registered
320 Posts
No Kawasaki dealer would let me test ride a ZX-14 and I showed up to a couple on my DucK.

Test rides on metric biks are going the way of the Dodo.

BTW, buy the 14, awesome power, smooth, comfortable and it doesn't handle like a complete boat.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
That's only like one '01 yellow Ninja (slightly rashed) and 52 socko-miles; I fail to be impressed.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Why not wait another few days for TheFox to get back from that quick spin around the United States, and he'll tell you first-hand how good the ZX-14 is for smoothness and feel...............?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Or, you could just consult anything socko sez: One should value anything that comes to us via The Keyboard of The All-Seeing, All-Knowing, Grating Monomaniacal Pedant above all else - even God and Family...............

·
Registered
530 Posts
People crack me up about vibration complaints. Unless you're riding a single at 6k RPMS+, even for most long rides (and I'm talking of 500+ miles a day) I find twins and fours of any size (600cc+) just fine on vibration. On all my bikes my butt hurts long before vibration becomes an issue. Solution: get of and stretch every 45 minutes to an hour and vibration and butt are fine.

·
Registered
328 Posts
They're getting to be like firearms - somebody touched it, now it's worth 15% less than it was five minutes ago.

Got an email from the AMA this morning stating that nine marques would have demo rides at Vintage Motorcycle Days next month. Mid-Ohio is only four hours' drive for me... and Kawasaki is one of the participants. Wonder if they'll have a Connie14 there?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Wuss!

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
;^D

(Sorry, forgot the "grin"!)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.